Upcycle Project

A little rescue project. I’ve had this dress for many years and even at my slimmest it was slightly too small. But that skirt material 😍😍 . I couldn’t bear to part with it. So now i have a fab new skirt!

I unpicked the skirt from the bodice then created a new waistband. I’ve been salvaging buttons, elastic and zips from any old clothes I throw out. So I used some elastic from a bleach stained pair of harem pants.

I chose to do the fold over type , mainly because the elastic was a struggle to stretch whilst still sewing in a straight line. It means the skirt is a bit shorter than planned, but I’m still happy with it.

I might even see if i can unravel that bodice!

A patch of blue…and red

Well first I have to tell you,  I’ve finally got Miriams neckband fully cast on!
I’m doing it with a circular needle because my longest needles are made of metal and the work keeps sliding off. I really do hate metal needles.
This is my only 4mm circular otherwise I’d be using a bamboo one.

image

Once the neckband is done I only need to attach the sleeves and sew up all the seams. Gosh I hope its wearable.

I managed to repair some jeans today , thanks to an idea that struck me in the middle of the night. I dug out my iron on hem tape and patched up a big hole in the thigh like so…

image

I used more of the hemming tape to attach a piece of white cotton on the inside to strengthen it. I think they look pretty good! 

image

I also popped a cute little heart on the back pocket but that’s just for decoration.

I don’t know how this repair will fare after washing but there’s only one way to find out!